Monday, April 5, 2010

Sarah Miles personal blog :)

For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted to be my like my mother. One of my youngest memories of my mother was watching her on Friday’s as she cooked ferociously, while answering the door and greeting people that I had never seen. There were often large Shabbat dinners at my house, which were attended by people of all ages, Colors, and walks of life. I was surprised when I grew older and learned that often my mother had never met the people entering our doors either.

The way that my mother made everyone feel comfortable and part of both our family’s and religion’s tradition was truly special. Most importantly, I loved the feeling of community I had with people who I had just met in my home. Moishe House has given me the ability to feel as though I am able to live out the dream I have had of providing the spiritual and traditional “home base” that my mother provided for so many people. New friends mix with the old as we learn from each other and open our doors to welcome all those who want to add to our community.

2 comments:

Leon said...

Happened to surf into your blog randomly..nice postings...love to read about you lovely to be with your mother about her cooking and all

I’ll come back to see what you post next!

Greetings from a fellow blogger

Leon Koh
Singapore
visit my blog http://hanleong.blogspot.com/

Wendy M said...

Keep on living the dream, It's a dream come true living with you :) Word to your mother!