Monday, April 5, 2010

INDIVIDUAL RESIDENT BLOG- ROXANNE JOSEPH (MOISHE HOUSE CAPE TOWN)

I joined Moishe House Cape Town at the beginning of the month and I couldn’t be happier! The boys welcomed me into the house with a dinner, where they invited a few of the regulars and I even got to make a few new friends. They then introduced me to several of their monthly events, such as the ‘Book Club’ and the ‘Moishe Bring a Friend Dinner’, which allowed me the chance to bring a few of my own friends to the house, so that they could meet my housemates and learn a little bit about what Moishe House actually is!

Being at the very heart of the Jewish youth in the Cape Town community has allowed me to become even more involved and my work as a Youth Council member has been made a lot easier, because I can now include my fellow members in our events, as well as keep the community as a whole updated about what Moishe House Cape Town is doing.

My experience of Moishe House has so far been an interesting, educational and fun one, where I’ve made so many new friends and become far more involved in my community, especially when it comes to interacting with other Jewish youths. I am so happy to have been given this opportunity and plan to make the most of it by remaining involved with the community and helping my other housemates to come up with new and innovate ways when it comes to creating and hosting events. Thank you, Moishe House, for this amazing opportunity!

No comments: