Monday, April 5, 2010

Heather's Personal Blog: MHSTL

The last three months at Moishe House STL and in my life have been crazy. As many of you heard Ross and I got engaged and we are super excited. After Ross proposed we met up with friends at a bar later that night. When I was looking at pictures I was thinking about how lucky Ross and I are to be part of Moishe House as at least half the people there to celebrate our engagement were people we met through Moishe House or strengthened our relationship with through Moishe House. What I thought was even cooler, is that you don't have to be a Moishe House resident to get that experience. Many of our community members have friends they wouldn't have any other way but Moishe House.

At the house, we have been busy with Shabbat dinners, movie nights, and planning. Jordan did an awesome job planning for Girls in Trouble to come to STL and play, and has also been representing us in planning a St. Louis community wide Yom Haatzmut event that is being coordinated by a local young adult group and co-sponsored by us, Hillel and YPD. I've been working on putting together girl's nights, and Ross has been fielding a ton of phone calls and e-mails from new people interested in Moishe House STL.

No comments: