Monday, April 5, 2010

Alissa's Personal Blog- MHP

In less than two months, I will be on a plane to Israel, where I will be spending the summer. My room in MHP will be emptied, and my life as a Moishe House resident will have come to an end. Although I am ecstatic to be going to Israel and then to be moving to Seattle to start a Ph.D. program in clinical psychology, it is going to be a bitter-sweet goodbye.

Because of MHP, I have met amazingly kind, funny, smart and passionate people, and I know that I will treasure the experiences that I have had with Moishe House. After all, if it weren't for MHP, I would never have made it into the New York Times, nor would I have met my wonderful boyfriend. And although living in the house requires quite a large time commitment, I can now say without a doubt that it is worth it.

This being my last personal Moishe House blog, I should probably stop writing here, before I get too sentimental. However, thank you to David, Jeremy, my housemates, and all of the MHP regulars who have played such a large role in my life this past year. As for everyone else, I am looking forward to meeting/getting to know all of you better at the national retreat!

Much love,
Alissa

No comments: