Monday, April 5, 2010

Kiki- MHSF personal blog (from Sarah's account)

April 2010 personal blog:

Hurray for spring!! While it’s not exactly the sunny spring of my childhood, I kind of dig the rain, so after the deluge we had yesterday; I’m definitely stoked to be in SF for the season change.

As my roommates and I were planning our upcoming April events recently, I realized I’m still kind of in awe of how unique and awesome the whole Moishe House organization really is. I’ve lived in more than a few houses/ apartments in my time, and shared them with a variety of roommates, but I’ve never felt so much like I was at home than in MHSF. There is just a genuine positive and welcoming vibe that fills the house. I think that’s a huge part of why people come to our events every month and why they tell their friends to come too. Well, that and the fact that we always have really great snacks and fun events. Even more awesome is the fact that I’m pretty sure all of the other Moishe Houses around the world are similarly welcoming and friendly, and given how many Moishe Houses there are, that’s a whole lot of good stuff going out into the world. I feel kind of great about being part of all of it!

I'm also really looking forward to the retreat in Texas later this month. For starters, I’ve never been to Texas beyond a layover in the airport. More than that though, I’m really interested in meeting all the other people who, like me, thought Moishe House was so awesome they wanted to be a part of it too!

-Kiki

No comments: