Monday, January 4, 2010

Sarah's Reflection

Looking back on the past year, Moishe House has been such a meaningful addition to my life. The ability that I have had to not only build my own Jewish community, but to help others feel apart of their own, is a truly special opportunity. Moishe House has helped me reflect on who I am as a member of the Jewish community, especially the younger Jewish community in Chicago. I have realized that it is the community aspect of Judaism that is so appealing and important to me. Moishe House gives the residents and members the ability to build something that is truly based on the values of the community.

Our Moishe House crew is new and going through transitions and I think that we have all learned a lot while having a ton of fun! From conversations I have had with other residents, I think it is important that we continue to involve members’ input in programming. Eventually, I would like to see members of our community have more of a leadership role in programs. We are continuing to build our community and I am excited to see how we will all continue to grow.

No comments: