Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Moishe house blog: the day I was robbed

A couple months ago I was robbed by a couple thieves at Mexico City, although it was no surprise because here it’s kind of normal being robbed at the streets, especially at Christmas’s season, it was quite unpleasant.

When I was in my way back home, I took my usual way but when I was crossing a gas station near home, two guys appeared, pushed me to a dark corner and took my wallet, my cell phone and my laptop. But actually I won’t talk about me being robbed more, I ratter choose to talk about the reaction of both my moishe house partners Alan and Paul and some other people who helped me.

At first I didn’t know what to do, so I went back to the gas station to ask for help, nobody did, but then when I came to a café near there to ask for a phone, a girl that I think works there even gave 50 bucks. So I arrived home, neither of my roommates where there, and took a computer to cancel all my bank cards. But at that time I started talking to Alan by g-talk, and told him that I was robbed, he didn’t answer, so I started asking my neighbors for a phone, which they kindly lend me one. After I canceled all my cards, I came back home and Alan was here, worried sick about, so I looked at the laptop and where all kind of messages like –“talk to me man…” and that stuff. Apparently he started calling Paul, may be twenty or more calls I think.

That day both were really nice, they helped me a lot. To be honest one of my main intentions and concerns by joining the moishe house program was about living with other people; because I have been living alone almost two years for the time when I moved in to the moishe house; so gratefully it wasn’t a mistake, actually I think it was a great choice, because it was proven that I am not alone anymore.

Happy New Year...


No comments: