Monday, January 4, 2010

Chicago Reflections, by Hannah G.

We're four months into our tenure as the Chicago Moishe House. It's been a whirlwind, but I finally feel like we're falling into a rhythm of planning and hosting the programs. I really feel privileged to be a part of this program. I did Avodah last year and the community aspect was the element I valued the most. It's great to be supported in my attempt to continue to intentionally build a Jewish community here in Chicago.

In November, we went to the East Coast regional retreat in DC. It was great to meet the other Moishe-ers, not to mention the central staff. I enjoyed learning from the experiences of those that have been involved longer than we have. The retreat gave me perspective and helped me realize that we really are a part of something bigger than just our community here in Chicago. I'm looking forward to the months to come.

~Hannah Gelder, MH Chicago

No comments: