I just got back last night from a whirlwind weekend in New York, capped off by Sunday's SkillSummit sponsored by the Professional Leaders Project. First off, whoa. 30 hours in New York is just not enough. Saturday was a great chance to catch up with old friends, including spending 3 hours wandering from 90th to 42nd with someone I had not spoken to since freshman year of college.
At the SkillSummit on Sunday, I got ot meet Rebecca from MH Philly and learn a lot from her about what their house has been doing and the challenges they have faced over the last 2 years. One important idea that came out of the conversation is to increase communication between houses. As a house that is just getting started, it would be great to know events that have worked for others, ways people have dealt with problems, etc. etc. We are going to work on a way to make this idea-sharing happen ASAP.
Also, I am looking forward to an exciting rest of the month here in STL. We have a Channukah celebration coming up on Friday, and we are hosting a Jewish band called Zeda's Beat Box at Cicero's (a great bar with over 50 beers on tap) the Friday after. Other than that, I am off on an East Coast roadtrip through North Carolina, DC and New York the week between Christmas and New Years. Man it will be good to get away. An early happy hanukkah to one and all!
Dave
MH STL
No comments:
Post a Comment