Hello all Moisheniks of the world!! My name is Shana, and this is my first blog as my roommate, Sima, and I have just opened the first Moishe House in Dallas. There is a stir around the city as we are trying to promote Moishe House as a great place for Jewish people in their twenties to come hang out with new people and not feel obligated to do anything stricktly "Jewish". With that in mind, we are trying to get feedback from people in our community about what programs they would like us to plan.
Between our crazy schedules, Sima and I have tried to move in to our fab pad, work like crazy, keep up with old friends, and meet as many new ones as we can. We have already had a couple new people come to our events, so that is definitely a good sign. As Sima mentioned, we have rescheduled our housewarming party/opening of the Moishe House to combine with a Hanukkah party at the end of December. We have sent out our evite early in hopes that even more poeple can mark their calendars and get excited for it.
So far, I couldn't be more excited about my new adventure living in a Moishe House. I think it is such a wonderful and much needed idea. It is also quite impressive that when I mentioned it to my friends in other states, they tell me that they have heard of it before and have even gone to some events in cities such as Washington D.C. and Los Angeles.
In other exciting news, The Texas Jewish Post decided to write an article about the Moishe House in Dallas. We have already interviewed with them, so we are looking forward to the article. I am sure it will get passed around to all of you, and hopefully it will bring even more attention to our house in hopes that even more people can become a part of this amazing organization.
I guess that's all for now. Until next month....see ya'll later :)
~Shana Knubowitz
2 comments:
Welcome to Moishe House!
Sounds like something I'd love to join when I move back to Dallas in late February!!!
Post a Comment