Monday, December 8, 2008

Elana, MH Chicago

Well,
Thanksgiving is over, so I'm finding it harder and harder to be thankful for this cold weather that has moved our way. Moishe House Chicago is moving indoors! It's amazing how our events must change according to season, now we get to look forward to more intimate gatherings in our heated home and outdoor outings that must factor in ice and snow.
But all is well. We are thriving as a community, with new people still showing up to many of our events and a great core group that I have really enjoyed spending time with on a regular basis. It is quite a wonderful feeling to break bread with new and old friends around a table, with the candle light around us and blistering cold wind outdoors... Hot soup and good conversation.
Ah, I guess there is still much to be thankful for.
I am hopeful that our last few weeks of 2008 will bring much joy and simcha to all the Moishe House communities.
-Elana

No comments: