Wednesday, December 10, 2008

MHDC - Steven "Eggs" Kleinman

Hello fellow Moishe heads.  Hope you all are as excited about my post as I am.  As some of you might know, me and my friend Tara (who coincidently was the person to get me this spot in this sweat house) recently had a breakfast item named after us at a local establishment.  Her nickname, T-bone, and my nickname, "eggs" was creatively combined to become T-bones and Eggs, a breakfast that as one might expect, contains a t-bone steak and eggs done how you like them.  I in particular like my T-bone eggs done over easy, but you might like yours done some other way. 

In other T-bone and Eggs related events, Tara "t-bone" came home with me to Philadelphia over the Thanksgiving holiday.  This was pretty rocking as she was perhaps the ideal house guest.  She learned how to play our family card game, she can sleep through my dad's unbelievable snoring, and she didn't mind meeting my friend brian, who exclaimed when incredibly intoxicated on Friday night, "Steven and I never have really liked each other".  It's totally true, as I tried for years to steal his girlfriend.  Whups.  That was a funny conversation too, the one where I apologized and he told me that it was okay because he knew I was too good of a guy to ever do anything about it.  Well let me be clear about one thing, "Eggs" has no level he won't sink to.  No Level.  

Other than at home things, I also found this (pay attention to the guitarists hair cut, i'm growing one of those right now):



In fantasy news you all will be happy to know that I am in my championship game.  I have a tough decision for this week as I have a wealth of great rbs.  I have to pick 3 out of these 5 players: Lendale White, Joseph Addai, Dominik Rhoads, Chris Johnson, and Deangelo Williams.  Obviously I am going to start Johnson and Williams but it is hard to decide between one of the other three.  One (White) is fat but is going against Houston and is getting 20 - 25 carries a game, one (Addai) was my first pick and is playing against Detroit, and one (Rhoads) is also going against Detroit and has gotten more runs than Addai.  Tough decision.  Currently I am leaning towards Addai because it would be worse to sit him and get points than play him and get nothing.  If anyone has input, I would be happy to hear it.  In other football news, the Eagles, long left for dead and who really looked like they quit on themselves, seems to be playing the best football in the NFL the last two weeks.  Exciting.

In a related note, another poet from Philly came to UMD today.  It is always nice to have an immediate ice breaker.  We talked about the Phillies, and food, and I told his friend about a great small museum (the rosenbach) that I absolutely love.  Best museum in Philly with some serious Jewish content.  Maurice Sendak art exhibit totally worth a good stretch of time.  And it smells like books in that place.  Wonderful smell of old books.  And the Rosenbachs were Jewish.  Nice folks.  Friends with powerful people.  

Tomorrow is also the last day of the first semester of my graduate school life.  My students turn their papers in on Friday, my poetry project is due friday, and my lit project is due next Thursday.  YIKES.  So I am going to get back to work.  

Enjoy the rocking!!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in your fantasy playoffs!

Jeremy Moskowitz said...

Steven, you've done a good job in picking up the appropriate "handcuffs" to your starting runningbacks...you're such a saavy fantasy owner.

I would go with Lendale White, because he and Johnson together both put up big numbers more often than the Colts boys...

Great Blog