My main mode of transport is my bike, Earl. I ride to work almost every day, and often around the neighborhood and even downtown.
When the weather gets cooler I like to take a looooooooong bike adventure, preferably somewhere I haven't biked before. So this year I gathered some Moishe House friends and made a 20 mile trek along paved trails that follow the tributaries of the Anacostia River in MoCo & PG Counties here in suburban Maryland. It was quite a rush, a great and easy workout, and we barely even noticed the early freeze in the air because we were having so much fun. The bike journey ended at a great Israeli eatery in College Park where we rewarded ourselves.
I'm very appreciative that Moishe House gives me the opportunity to do what I love in a Jewish communal context that's open and welcoming and meet all sorts of new people doing so.
Happy Late Thanksgiving, and Happy Early Chanukah everyone!
See some pictures here: http://albums.phanfare.com/4808285/2128192_3285103
No comments:
Post a Comment