Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moishe Luv from Zvi in Silver Spring

Yo yo Moisheniks.

Life in Silver Spring is booming! I am just about to finish my last coursework semester before going on my dissertation journey!! My topic is meaning in life and I will be interviewing people about personal meaning and flushing out the more spiritual dimensions of meaning. I will probably be hitting some of you up for participant referrals.

Anyway ... sad that we will not be getting together in January, but such is life. GO OBAMA! Sorry Einstein from Hoboken. Don't move to Canada. Who will save us from the zombies.

We had a great shabbat, Sfardi style in November! We each made a great delicious sfardi dish. I made Mechshi, which is a Moroccan take on stuffed veggies. I made stuffed zucchini ... We also had other homemade traditional food, made veggie (!) like cubana (yeminite bread) lachmajin (sweet lentil pizza), and LOTS of Lindsay stew.

My job just changed. Now I work mostly in a day program with chronic mentally ill people. I love doing group work with them. I also will have more opportunity to work with staff as a wellness contact. When Moishe House gets back on $$ track, I will gladly love to work on burnout consultations for housemembers, helping MHnicks create a Holistic wellness plan for themselves ...

Take care for now.

Zvi

No comments: