Hello from Airstrip 1, or the outpost known as London. Its very cold here, and dark most of the day, which I often find productive, but can make one feel a little gloomy. There's lots of christmasness stuff around, on our recent house outing we discussed our feelings about it, while some of us try and avoid it as far as possible, others are happy to enjoy the secular, glitzier side. I'm in the latter camp, feeling that christmas as we know it was largely created by Jews and Charles Dickens. Besides, we can always play the irony card, which always solves everything.
I'm not so keen to latch on to channukah either, it's always seemed like a very minor festival, with some pretty dark zealotry at its core. However the Moishe House Channukah party will be utterly lovely, emphasising the camp, the cheesy and the downright ridiculous!
Happy Winterval!
No comments:
Post a Comment