I solemnly swear that I will support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of California, and that I will faithfully discharge the duties of an attorney and counselor at law to the best of my knowledge and ability.
When I said that this afternoon I was definitely excited to have completed all the hurdles required to practice law in California, but it also made me wonder about other kinds of oaths that we make in our lives. Of course not all of them follow the formality of the one above, and most are not orally expressed in such a concise manner, but I think we all make oaths throughout our lives. Many of us have made somewhat of an oath to Moishe House by accepting discounted rent and a programming budget to create events and communities for others. I wonder what that oath would sound like if we had to put it in a couple sentences. When people ask what Moishe House is all about, or the goals of the organization, I find it hard to put them into words accurately expressing what I'm thinking. For me the understanding of Moishe House just comes with time, just like most things. I hope all of you have found your understanding of Moishe House, and if you haven't, that you stick with this until you have.
And come to San Francisco, and stay at our place. I'll show you a great time, I promise. - Ari
No comments:
Post a Comment