Hi everyone,
First wanted to say hello to all the people out there in my new Moishe House community. I moved into the SF house in November and so... this is my first blog post. Anyway, here goes nothing:
As the leaves changed and the last memories of summer faded away, much more happened for me than just the usual shifting from tank tops to sweatshirts. After living in NYC for 3+ years, I had made the big decision to 'come home' and move back to CA. I spent October in preparation -- quitting my job, saying goodbye to friends, packing up. Lots of insecurities popped up as I stared into the face of a big, new, unknown. Would I like my job, would I be able to find a room near my friends, would I jump right back into friendships I had lazily let simmer over my years away?
While ruminating over all these questions, and others, things started to fall into place. Somehow, miraculously, I got connected to MHSF and ... they picked me! to be their newest (well, now actually technically not newest since Danny moved in a few days ago) roommate.
Of course I'll miss my tiny yet adorable railroad apartment in Brooklyn, and the 24 hour bodegas on every corner, but after just over a month here, I can truly say I'm sure I made the right decision. My new housemates are wonderful, have welcomed me with open arms, and have been patient with my millions of questions. I've met tons of new people through MHSF events this last month, and was even able to bring some friends to events and contribute a few new faces to the scene. I've unpacked and am acclimating to a house about 8x the size of my previous living space!! I'm loving San Francisco, and am so happy to be a part of such a wonderful group of people both in SF and in the larger international MH community.
Hope to meet many of you soon!
~Sarah
No comments:
Post a Comment