Friday, December 12, 2008

Rebecca from MHP - It's the most wonderful time of the year

So, as my housemates would tell you, if you asked them, I love Christmas carols. From Nov. 1 until after the New Year, they're pretty much all I listen to. I suppose some people find the messages trite, the music annoying and the lack of diversity of theme trying, but I think they are hopeful, energizing and speak to a time when all things are rosy. As a matter of fact, we recently had some people over for a little cooking lesson on cold weather drinks and I finagled having the Holiday station on for most of the prepwork before the guests arrived.
Completely switching gears for now, I'd also like to mention the recent PLP SkillsSummit day I attended in NYC along with some other Moisheniks. This was a jam-packed day of networking, learning and meeting with other Jewish Young Professionals from around the East Coast. Although it was totally exhausting, it was also exhilarating to hear from people who've been involved with Jewish community for years and learn from their struggles and successes. Thank you to Moishe Foundation for making that experience a possibility for me!

No comments: