Tuesday, May 11, 2010

my favorite-blogging

so, all who might read this....i'm not sure what i'm supposed to be blogging about, so i'll go with topic of my choice. i've been learning with a partner in torah the last few weeks, in addition to my weekly class via the portland kollel. we're learning the mitzvahs in that class and i am learning hilchos shabbos with my partner in torah. it's quite interesting...did you know, it's not about not doing work on shabbos....it's about not doing creative labor on shabbos. many things that we think are violations aren't really and things we may not think are violations, truly are. i highly recommend people to take a look at aish.com and do a little learning, about shabbos. i even gave a short d'var torah at shabbos lunch the other day about my learnings.

jodi

No comments: