Wednesday, September 5, 2007

silver spring alan muses

Wake me up when September ends... August overstimulated me.

Moishe House Silver Spring Maryland events, not one but TWO weddings up on Long Island, a week spent at NHC's Summer Institute, saying goodbye to a friend off to carillon-players-school in Belgium, and I don't even remember what else...

But I'm still here, and I *think* I'm ready for the New Year. Margo (Moishketeer #4 in Silverysprung) moved in two weeks ago, and Rachael (a founder of MHSS who's been farming in New England this summer) is on her way back.

And then... the MAGIC happens?

We're gonna get out of our house and out into the wider world for some fun beyond movies, Shabbat, and (our very successful) open mic nights. We're even talking about a field trip to the Maryland Renaissance Festival. We've got a new repeating event in the mix - challah baking with Margo - and we'll be having a BBQ while building a sukkah for the Sukkot holiday OLD-SCHOOL: using nothing but nails, tarps, 2x4's, and leafy roofing materials cut from our very overgrown backyard.

No comments: