Friday, September 21, 2007

Return From Panama-MH SAC, Jen

How's it going all? I just got back from Panama. I was traveling around with 3 other medical students. It felt good to be roaming aimlessly and to be meeting new people. There is something about traveling that provides me with something that I cannot find while I am at home. Maybe it is the feeling of total freedom. Maybe it is the release of not worrying about the things I have to do for school. Maybe it is the random people that I meet who are willing to take me under their wings and share their culture and home with me. We went along the Pacific coast and up into the highlands. We saw the canal - of course. I went to a Bahai temple while I was there...it was one of my favorite parts of the trip. If you want to learn more about what we did, I would be happy to share some stories. Now I am back in Sacramento, and getting ready for Yom Kippur. This week, we had a Moishe House event of a picnic in the park at a farmers' market, but kinda got rained on. Fortunately, people still showed up despite the rain, and we met some great new Jews. They requested that we do more outdoors events, so I think we will be planning a Tahoe trip for October or November. L'shana Tova all!

Sincerely,

Jen

No comments: