What is more nerve racking than watching an old friend potentially make a fool of himself at a San Francisco comedy club? Just a few weeks ago I realized that there truly is no answer to this question. Organizing an event at MHSF for a group of us to go see Nato Green, an old childhood friend of mine, perform in a show which he created, I had the chance to put on my parenting persona. In my head I couldn't help but worry. Would enough people show up? Would Nato's material be received well?
Luckily I had a dozen nice folks from the MHSF joining me for this evening of comedy. Bringing out a group of young jews to see my young jewish comedian friend felt like it counterbalanced, at least a little bit, my nervousness for my friend on stage.
Before the show Nato came over to our group to greet us. I could see in his facial expression that he was overjoyed to have the support of our community when he went on stage. Having the opportunity to organize my friends in a manner that could benefit one of our own in fulfilling his professional dream, to be a successful performer, was my gratifying moment of the month.
No comments:
Post a Comment