Friday, September 21, 2007

A new year, a new beginning-MH Sac, Elishama

Hello everyone. L’shana Tova. Wow is this year flying by fast. I have been teaching for a little over a month, and am just now starting to settle in. I have also begun working on my Master’s thesis and my BTSA training. I have been working very hard this last month, but the work is really paying off. My class is beginning to run itself, and I am able to concentrate on the students who really need support. As far as the rest of my life goes it feels so nice to be a part of the Jewish community around high-holy-days time. While Jen was in Panama I was escorted to Rosh Hashanah services by two of my non-Jewish teaching friends who are very interested in the Jewish religion and culture, and one of whom is thinking about converting to Judaism. It felt really nice sitting in Synagogue saying the prayers and singing with my Jewish community. Yom Kippur starts tonight, and although our house will not be holding a break-fast celebration it will be nice to just reflect on my year and make peace with myself and my community of friends. I wish you all happiness and health in the coming year.

Elishama Goldfarb

No comments: