What I like best about organizing work is that when you've done a good job at it, you're no longer necessary.
So although I did very little to coordinate efforts in August, our housing justice team got rolling and canvassed foreclosed properties throughout Boston to find tenants and inform them of their rights vis-a-vis the multinational banking corporations that are trying to evict them (nice, right?), and our Jewish-Muslim group held an awesome interfaith service event that is leading towards an inter-community breakfast during the upcoming High Holidays/Ramadam season.
And what's best is that was a slow month. This weekend we're kicking off our community board and fundraising so that folks who get involved with it can spin off their own projects and build even more energy that our community can tap into and build off of and use to grow. It's about democratic decision-making, having broader buy-in into a shared mission of social justice, and giving people the opportunities they want to shape the community we share.
I'm proud of how far our house has come over the last year and am excited to see what happens this fall...!
I'll report back on our progress next month, but in the meantime, shana tovah to all.
No comments:
Post a Comment