Friday, September 28, 2007

Rachael, Moishe House Silver Spring

I'M BAAAAAAACK!!!

(Finally!)

Shalom, everyone! Shana Tova & Sukkot Sameach.

I was away all summer working at Life-Tech Ventures, the summer camp that my place of spring employment (Nature's Classroom - www.naturesclassroom.org) runs. Nature's Classroom & Life-Tech Ventures are two of the best things that have ever happened to me. I could rave for hours about how amazing they are -- indeed, I have -- but I will not do that here. I will say this, though: Nature's Classroom was a perfect living / employment situation for me: a solid variety of good people, community living, outdoor education, freedom to create lessons & freedom to teach, hands-on interactive learning, influencing the entire character of the students that came to us -- yet it is this opportunity to be a part of our Moishe House that is keeping me here instead of back in New England.

I am just about fully moved into our house, and I am already working on events two months down the road. I am so excited for what we have and to be a part of it. I'm looking forward to helping us grow, and to learning, celebrating, observing, and expressing myself Jewishly through our Moishe House.

No comments: