So, by far the best news I've heard all week, even better than the fact that we're on university holidays (are they ever not on holiday, i hear you asking), even better than hearing that someone is going to be making a chocolate pudding dessert for Rosh Hashana dinner, or that there's finally enough petrol in my car to stop the petrol light from coming on...
We've found a new house!! I only just found out, so I'm not sure of many of the details, but the main thing is we won't be living on the street at the end of the month, so yay!! Not that we really would have been living on the street, but you know what I mean.
So what other news do I have? The new house thing kind of trumps anything else I would have said. Let's see, I'm going to my family for first night Rosh Hashana tomorrow night, so that should be fun. Haven't seen most of them for a while. And the weather here seems to improving, though it's not doing it in a very consistent manner. Over the weekend, we went from very hot and people sun-tanning on the beach, to cold and raining, to cold and grey and foggy, and then back to hot and sunny. I think it was raining again today though, so it's hard to remember what season we're meant to be in. But I have faith, and I'm sure that pretty soon it's gonna start gradually getting hotter and hotter, until it's just about unbearable to be anywhere besides in a swimming pool. Ah, summer in Cape Town.
Oh, and I can't forget that we're going to be visited by Brady this week. He arrives on Thursday, and we're all pretty excited, cos he's going to be the first Moishe House representative that we meet face to face. So that's definitely something to look forward to!
Ok, well I think I had better get back to doing nothing. We only have a week vacation and I plan to use it to it's full potential by sleeping, lazing around, and doing as little as possible! Strangely though, it doesn't sound all that different from what I do during term time... I should probably look into that.
On second thought, maybe I'll try find something constructive to do. But before I go I just want to wish all my fellow Moishe Houseniks and their families a very happy New Year and well over the fast!
Shana Tova to all :)
Much love
Em
No comments:
Post a Comment