Our first full month in the Philly house is up today, and I'm totally loving it thus far! We've had a ton of great events - our kickoff BBQ was a blast - and are really starting to become a name known in the community. I also really love my house, and my housemates. Rachel, Becky and I have a great friendship, bolstered by all of the time we spend together working on making our home an awesome place for us to live and host, and it's only getting better. Thanks girls!
August is also my birthday month. I just turned 25 and am so excited about the year ahead! I had a great party (thank you Moishe!) with lots of wonderful friends wishing me a happy day. It's amazing to realize that in just one year of being back from Israel (oh how I miss you!) I really do have a community here that I cherish and people who I know cherish me.
For me, August is always a month of new beginnings. I think it's that feeling of gearing up to go back to school, even if we're not in school anymore. Something about the end of summer (sad!) and the start of the "school year" is so fresh and invigorating. Elul also usually falls in August, which is the month leading up to Rosh Hashannah and is supposed to be a time of stock-taking (thank you to my Australian professor for forever changing the order of the phrase for me!) and reflection on your past year. It's a chance to look at where you've been and see where you want to go.
I'm psyched to discover what this year holds, and am looking forward to sharing my journey with all of you! Shana Tovah!
No comments:
Post a Comment