Friday, October 3, 2008

Shana Tova from Chicago!

It has definitely been an interesting beginning to a New Year! As September closed, we experienced heavy, record-breaking rainfall in our Windy City. On my way to the Moishe House retreat in D.C, I found myself stuck on the runway for four hours surrounded by a lake of rainwater. It was not a happy way to start my weekend, but I am thankful that was my only inconvenience! Needless to say, my plane never left the runway and I was forced to return home 8 hours later in the pouring rain, through flooded streets and subway tunnels.

It was nice to hear that the retreat was successful and a positive experience, unaffected by the drastic downpours that hurled Chicago into mini-panic mode. It makes me wonder what this new year has forecasted...

Shana Tovah to all,
Elana in Chicago

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elana, I am so glad you are dry now. :) I didn't realize you were stuck for so long. I just thought your plain got canceled and you went home! We really did miss you at the retreat. Looking forward to talking soon! Best, Summer