Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Events and Fantasy football from MHDC

Hey there Moishe House Blog world.  This is Steven from DC blogging for the first time in my life. 

In fact, I'm so new to blogging that I might have to research blogs to figure out exactly what the format of things should be.

So lets start here.  Moishe House DC has been a very busy place recently.  Especially for me as I try to make a smooth transition into grad school / life at MHDC.  Last weekend I was in Ohio for a family wedding, and got home to a house full of delicious stuff from a picnic Rivka threw.  It was awesome, we had all this food that usually no one would ever buy (well we had soda and that's pretty special in my mind).  Also Rivka has been doing a great job of keeping us all fat and happy with her delicious baking events.  Then of course there was our "small" Shabbat dinner on the third.  By small I mean that our house was bursting at the seams, but atleast most of the people got chairs.  Rounding out our calender is that Debate Watching party that we held along with every other young Jewish organization in DC at the awesome Red Derby.  I guess it is in Columbia Heights.  I should really get to know the names of the neighborhoods better.  So after that was Break Fast which was awesome.  I had forgotten how hard it is to prepare food when you have been fasting for like 20 hours and have 4 more to go.  On a short tangent, I went to kol nidre at University of Maryland's Hillel and I have some comments.  First off, the rabbi is awesome.  But the rest of the service left so much to be desired that I might have to shell out the cash next year to go to an actual service at an actual synagog (not in a chapel).  

So anyways that's basically what is going on here.  I can't wait for Leo's Birthday celebration this weekend, we are going to tare this town up.  What else should I mention... well the most important bit to know is that I made some huge fantasy football errors but still won last week. For some reason I gave up on Schaub and signed Jamarcus Russel.  What a bonehead move.  Horrible.  Just absolutely horrible.  So hopefully I'll be able to rectify that move this week with some 

No comments: