So, our first event of October was supposed to be a gathering to watch the vice presidential debate, however a thief had different plans for the start of our new year. Jen came home and found my bicycle shorts on our front walkway, and called to tell me that I may have been careless with my shorts. In fact our front door was wide open, and upon entering the house (AFTER calling the police) she found a large stepping stone on our living room floor, our side window broken, and glass shattered through out our living room. Thank goodness only Jen's laptop and my bicycle were stolen, and as far as we know nothing else has gone missing. We stayed up until the wee hours of the morning for the cops, but they never came....I know that this is the week to seek forgiveness for our sins, but I can't think of any major ones that we have committed that would deserve this. Anyway we have cleaned up and are moving on. We are very much looking forward to Yom Kippur, and the upcoming events this month including Shabbat around the world and a trip up to Apple Hill. I hear that maybe some MH bay area residents may make the trip up to visit, and that would be a welcome treat.
l'shanah tova to all,
Elishama MH-SAC
1 comment:
Elishama, I am so sorry to hear about your break-in. It is always so startling when these things happen. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. I am looking forward to talking with you - and seeing you! Best, Summer
Post a Comment