Okay, I can't take credit for the sukkah. (Though I'd love to.)
It was assembled out of 2x4's and nails by myself, a Texan woman, and a rocket scientist, about a year ago. We never took it down (that would have been quite a project), but we did take off most of the tarp walls and the schach roofing materials.
So this past Sunday we had a "Sukkah-decorating BBQ", at which:
1. We swept the yard of leaves
2. We re-attached the tarp walls
3. We tossed fresh leafy bamboo and willow branches up to form the schach roof
4. We barbecued franks, meatburgers, veggies, and veggieburgers
5. We ate franks, meatburgers, veggies, and veggieburgers
6. We helped about 15 friends and neighbors from across Silver Spring (from Chevy Chase to Long Branch!) meet each other
7. We made decorations out of origami paper, scrap paper, pipe cleaners, straws, duct tape, and puffs
8. We decorated the sukkah with our decorations and hung up Christmas lights!
It looks awesome, and it was truly a community project. I am quite proud. Check out our pictures at http://moishehouse.phanfare.com/ in the coming week to see some pictures of our magic hut. (Ignore the one where I look pregnant and spastic though)
The MHSS sukkah is beautiful and open to all who wish to eat in it throughout the course of the holiday.
(Tonight is our field trip to the Big Lebowski celebration at the new Montgomery Cinema 'n' Drafthouse! I can't wait!)
No comments:
Post a Comment