Excitement thus far:
MH-ly, our Sukkah-decorating BBQ is-was my favorite -- so excited for it, and happy memories lingering. Possibly because we had guests that didn't leave till past 11pm. Maybe also because of the, um, ambiance? for the couple hours after people came inside......
It combined so many things I love: being outside, cooking outside, color, being creative, being artsy, friends / cool people, and being OUTSIDE! (It deserves a repeat.) The photos don't do it justice: our sukkah is fabulous. :)
Life-ly, some of the following is in my brain:
- High holidays: not sure what, but something feels different. Felt different, feels different, and it's good. I like it.
- My friend Cheryl (with whom I spent Erev Yom Kippur due to being, through cosmic election, the one to drive her home from the hospital) is feeling lots better. Finally. Thank you Lord. (It's about time, I say!)
- I checked out Fairhaven School on Friday as one in a series of schools I've applied to as a substitute -- a Sudbury Valley educational philosphy -- REALLY interesting place.
(Video games, anyone? How about a recording studio?)
- Subbing at two more school / educational programs I checked out, and the third on that list (all Jewish) will be happening as soon as I can get in to get fingerprinted.......
- My two main Jewish educational endeavors (I teach K-4 Tues. afternoons and 6th grade Sunday mornings) are lots of fun. :) I'm loving it.
- I GOT MY STAR LAMP UP. This is very exciting. (Really.)
(You have to see it.......)
- I got my XM working! (Only took a year and a half......)
- Walked about Capitol Hill today after teaching -- did you know there's a marine barracks down there near Eastern Market??? Got some delicious candles for a good friend as a thank-you.
- Went with my mother last week (just last week?? sheesh!) to the Natural Living Expo. She's hilarious and made me laugh a lot. Interesting scene there. Looking fwd to the Green Festival.
- We apparently have an unofficial, not-necessarily-invited, non-rent-paying guest. Katzir discovered tonight that the rat apparently ENGAGED the safety latch PRIOR to eating all the peanut butter...... Which, really, is a good thing: not only am I not a fan of kill-rat traps; I extra would not have been excited to come home to a dead rat in our dining room....... So, more power to the rat, is all I gotta say.
MH Looking forward to:
- Gal time in Sukkah
- Compost, Cocoa, Cookies, Cards, and Camels
- Breakfast Club Breakfast
- East coast skiing?
Otherwise looking forward to:
- Seeing lots of fam. this weekend
- Cousin's bar mitzvah
- seeing if any squash grows after I attempted to pollinate it....
- Staffing a trip to Israel? (????)
- ........
Always fun
No comments:
Post a Comment