As we say farewell to the High Holidays of Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, I began to think about the resolutions that I had promised myself one year ago. However, my mind was drawn blank as I had no idea what I had wished for improvement in my life; what I had said would be different by the time I was faced with next year's resolution.
A feeling of accomplishment is something that everybody desires. It's what keeps us satisfied, successful and well adjusted. However, after realizing my forgotten resolutions, it dawned on me that how would I measure my own accomplishments if I can't even remember what I had set out to do. What's the point of setting a goal if only to wander off track.
I've decided that this year will be different from the last.......to fully put my life and achievements into perspective, I've decided to keep track of my resolutions by recording their progress month by month. This way won't become distracted by the problems of the present and become more focused upon the solutions for the future.
Hope everyone has a fantastic year.....L'shanah tovah!
~Dave
No comments:
Post a Comment