Not only are the Phillies looking good in their race towards the World Series (what?!) and the Eagles are making their way up the ranks, but MHP has been putting up some major events which are MUCH more exciting than CNN's up-to-the-split-second coverage of this excessively prolonged presidential election - INSERT OBAMA FOR PRESIDENT STATEMENT HERE!!!
Camping and kumbaya (sp?) with MHSS and MH Hoboken was awesome. I hadn't been camping since I was 13 at sleep away camp, and the outdoors living skills staff forced me to go on a 3 day hike with my bunk. So I was a little skeptical/anxious to say the least. But after I got over the fact that I forgot my flashlight and "mess-kit" I had an amazing time singing Kabbalat Shabbat and campfire-tunes, getting to know the other campers, and going on a beautiful 4 mile Shabbat hike around the lake at French creek. We were blessed with beautiful weather and great friends, and I am definitely looking forward to the next outdoors excursion.
We threw an unbelievably successful Apples and Hunnies round 2 this year, and attracted over 230 people to Kildares Irish Pub (yes, a little misfit, but the rap and hip hop alleviated some of the awkwardness of the setting). MHP knows how to throw a good party. And we know how to dance! Please check out Birthright: NEXT Philadelphia's facebook page for great shots of Becca, the Fish, Karp getting down on the dance floor :)
Unfortunately I was not around for the High Holidays because I went back to DC to celebrate with my family, but it is wondeful knowing that this new year will be spent with MHP and our community. The holidays are all about change, and I don't think 5769 could define that in a more meaningful way. With the upcoming election, my new job search and my new MHP friends and family - I am really excited about what's in store for this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment