This last Sunday I dug a compost pit. And compiled the cone, and cut chicken wire, and dropped the whole shebang in. It was hard and long, but also, from the start I got into a zone with it: manual labour with an outcome that I knew would make my life much easier (and much more guilt free). It was calming and made me very proud when I was done.
I have recently started a job that takes 48 hours of my week. I really like it, and I think I have more energy when I work. Purposeful time leads to more purposeful time. I am still in an adjustment period. How to schedule my hours after work, how to actually go to bed early, how to use downtime at work to think about life after work, how to plan ahead. If it all works out it will be a great lesson for me.
Living in the moishe house has been wonderful, so far all housemates getting along, helping each other, being nice, thoughtful, and fun. We're still getting the hang of it, and I know I have so much to learn. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can make.
No comments:
Post a Comment