Thursday, October 4, 2007

l'shana tova to all

I'd like to start off by saying l'shana tova to everybody in the Moishe House and hope all of the Apples N' Honey Parties went as planned. Ourselves, we had a great party thanks to the Apple's N' Honey program so a big shoutout to Brady and everybody else involved for making it happen.

Ususally a new year brings in thoughts of large parties involving plenty of champagne, silly hats, and countdowns. And of course, who wouldn't have a blast at a party like this. However, the thought of new years resolutions and reflections on the previous year seem to to get muddled through an evening of drinking and partying. For this reason I recently found myself saving my resolutions specifically for Rosh Hashannah. It is at this time of year when summer is ending and we must return to a more focused lifestyle.......focused on what we want to accomplish this next year and what we need to atone for during the previous year. I know I probably should have been a good Jewish boy and set all my resolutions around Rosh Hashannah all along but December 31 has always shadowed it's purpose. However, I think its fortunate that as Jews we have the opportunity to celebrate two New Years..........one for going completely crazy and one for focusing on our ourselves.

No comments: