Hey everyone! Although I moved into the MHSS August 19th, I finally have access to the blog! These few months have been really great and I can't wait for what we have planned for the future (especially our Halloween themed Shabbat dinner this weekend).
I think my favorite 'event' was our trip to the Maryland Ren-faire. Noam and I were the only ones who left from the house (unfortunately). Everyone else who said they were coming "punked out" as my friend Julie put it. The weather was absolutely amazing. The comedy shows were highly amusing (especially the team Puke & Snot- I kid you not). While waiting for a performance of French-Canadians, we had a lovely encounter with a drag barmaid. Once a navy seal god knows how many years ago, the man allowed his friend to dress him any way she wanted, and voila! out came a very flamboyant barmaid. He was quite the character, fanning himself and flirting with the French-Canadian performers.
Since I've moved in I've tried having a challah baking event. The first time we made the dough right then, not exactly the most efficient way of doing things- people went home without challah. This time though, dough was pre-made and all people had to do was come and braid and bake. Only one person showed up this time which was sad, but I'll pray for more next time.
Hopefully that was short, but sweet. 'Til next time!
1 comment:
Keep the righteous Challah vibes a rollin!!!
'If you knead it, they will come' - Waynes World (sort of)
Cheers from Vienna
Yaakov
Post a Comment