Sunday, February 1, 2009

MH Chicago

Hey all, it's been a busy month with a lot going on, but that's the norm when living in a Moishe House. Chicago in general had a big month with the exciting events around January 20th! We are an Obama loving city, this victory continues to be a proud moment for Chicago! And then we have the not so proud moments of the Governor and his impeachment process... Oh, Illinois politics. Unbelievable.


It's definitely been a running start to '09. Our events this month were great-we had a fun range of programs but Shabbat dinners are always the biggest events and my personal favorite. I think we had our biggest Shabbat yet with more new people then regulars. We're definitely growing... With all the challenges taking place in our communities across the globe it's more important than ever to be surrounded by support and feel apart of a community. I'm really proud to be apart of a group creating that community. The winters here in the Midwest are long, cold, and dark and our Moishe programs keep me going so I'm grateful for the motivation to be active and social in these hibernation like months. I hope the ground hog sees his shadow and Spring comes soon... I have to be hopeful! I wish everyone the best.

No comments: