January took my MoLove to a new level. Here's why...
I was fortunate to go with David to NYC for a few fundraising meetings with some of the big Jewish Foundations. The purpose was to get the word out about our organization, and create advocates for our cause. I am so grateful for the opportunity, because the experience reinforced what I already knew about our work: that we're providing a nurturing environment for the post-college Jewish community, and creating a network of future Jewish leaders. But it became even more apparent that we are filling a void in the continuum of Jewish identity, and we need to keep it going.
With every Moishe House we reach a diverse group of people who are yearning to belong to a Jewish community. Whether it's Shabbat Dinner or Running in a 10K together, we are bringing people together who share the LCD of Judaism. And we know we are making an impact, as seen by MHP's successful events this past month. We met new faces at our Heymish minyan, had a full-house for Casino night and added about 30 names to our listserve.
So what I'm trying to say is keep up the good work Moishe. Because what we are doing is fun and meaningful for the Jewish community, and what could be better than that?
Peace out,
(Moishe's new marketing manager. wink wink...)
Shelby Faye
No comments:
Post a Comment