Add a few side dishes and you have a typical shabbos dinner at Moishe House Hoboken!
The last several months Moishe House Hoboken has begun to gather a reputation for our Shabbos dinners. We've enjoyed the food, the company, and the chance to meet a whole bunch of new people, and I'm sure our guests have enjoyed the same. We hold all sorts of various other events each month including discussions, hookah nights, and football games, but there's something about Friday night shabbos dinners that I enjoy just a little bit more than all the rest. Maybe its the work that goes into cooking for anywhere from 10 to 20 people, but the fact that its so varied, new people are here all the time, and I get a chance to try out new recipes, makes it all the effort worth it.
Today, like everyone else in the Moishe House community, I received Shelby's email and it struck me what Moishe House has become in such a short time. I can't think of a single person who I've talked to about Moishe House that has said anything negative about the concept and ideas behind it. As times continue to get rough these days, its important to remember that we always have the community around us for support. As a Moishe House resident it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to know that we are the ones who are able to provide that community. Or maybe that's just the chicken cooking in the oven and Josh showing off his meat balls.
(Unfortunately, no superhero zionists to write about this month. Although there is an Obama-Moses idea brewing. Stay tuned...)
No comments:
Post a Comment