Sunday, October 4, 2009

Quarterly Blog

This summer flew by, but it was filled with great events. We had an amazing multi moishe house leadership retreat at the beach with some great programming, shabbat dinners, barbecues, spiritual salons, and tikkun olam events. We partnered up with Birthright Next and this past week we had a shabbat dinner that was co-hosted by Shabbat Next. We had a lot of birthrighters who had never been to Moishe House and are anxious to come back again. It was a huge success and we can't wait to co-host another shabbat dinner with them.
On a much sadder note we recently learned of the untimely death last week of Rafi Lehmann, who was last years rabbi in residence from the local Hoboken synagogue, and somebody I also went to college with. I still remember meeting him when I went to go visit the school, before I decided to go there, how welcoming he was and how comfortable he made me feel even though I was only a prospective student. Even though we were never able to coordinate a time for him to do lead a Moishe House event (we tried but unfortunately he wasn't able to come to the planned event due to an illness) we still had the opportunity to briefly get to know him. When we hosted a shabbat dinner at the synagogue in April he was there to support us. He was a great person who I know would have made a great rabbi. May his memory be a blessing.

No comments: