As a founding member of Moishe House Beijing, I wanted to bring our programming to the next level in our second year of existence. For me that means more community participation and more learning. We decided that both of these goals go hand-in-hand, and just this morning had some of our core members/good friends over for brunch and a brainstorming session. We learned what our individual goals or "New Years resolutions" were, and how they overlapped, and tried to make a plan for how Moishe House and all of us can make them a reality. Now we have text studies on different topics every month, a weekly yoga class, learner's minyanim and other great programs in the works.
Sometimes running Moishe House can feel like a burden on top of all my other obligations, but when other people are involved and excited, I see this organizational work as a pleasure. I hope everyone can enjoy increased community participation this year, and rediscover how the possibilities of Moishe House outweigh the sacrifices.
No comments:
Post a Comment