So I started my first real job in the real world this year - math teacher at West Philadelphia High School - and it is going splendidly. I have great colleagues, a wonderful administration supporting me, and ideas flowing as quickly as they can. Of course it is tough because of the type of student who walks in the door, but overall I would say I am improving as an educator and consequently my students are improving as well.
That being said, it takes an enormous amount of time to do that work, much as it does Moishe House. That balance has become difficult at times, especially when I am required to do tasks for both. Oftentimes I find myself working on a Saturday night to get things prepared for the week because I have events that are taking time out of my work schedule in the evenings.
It is rough sometimes, and my free time schedule definitely suffers, but it is enjoyable. One of the positive consequences is that I talk about Moishe House at work a lot and some of my colleagues have begun joining me at events. It's a very nice thing to blend communities which are great in different ways and I am glad to be a part of it.
Thank you Moishe House for a busy but fulfilling life!
Brian
No comments:
Post a Comment