Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sarah, MHSF March blog

Sorry folks, feeling in a sorta uncreative mood right now though, hence the really uncreative title, but figured I should crank this out to kill some time at work. It definitely beat staring at a sterile office wall, and feeling sorry for myself and my sore throat, right?

I've lived in MHSF for five months now! It's sorta incredible how time flies. Like the saying goes -- time flies when you are having fun. I'm so busy between work responsiblities, house responsibilities, fun MHSF events, and trying to spend time with friends, I feel like I went from moving in right to today without even noticing the time going by.

Some of my personal highlights from the month thus far (in no way a complete list of events):

1. Kicking ass on our soccer team. We won the semi-finals match, lost the play-offs, but 2nd place ain't all that bad, especially considering we played back to back games after work on a Monday night!
2. DB leading an awesome Purim cooking class that was well attended, delicious, and very hands on.
3. Huge dinner party with musicians from a few JDUB record label bands, held at our house, right before their concert around the corner at The Independent

And, of course we still have Shabbat to look forward to. I'll actually be out of town this month for Shabbat this Friday, and although I'm very excited to go visit New Mexico for the first time ever, I'm honestly sad to be missing the event. Potluck Shabbat at our house is something I look forward to every month. I love sharing blessings and food with my housemates and friends. I think it's a testament to the community we have created here in SF that part of me doesn't want to get on that plane Friday afternoon... despite my excitement to see an old friend, explore the desert, and maybe even go snowboarding in Taos. The good news is there is always next month...

No comments: