Monday, July 2, 2012

Ben Kiss - Budapest


I'm the youngest and newest resident of MH Budapest. What I love about my community, and the whole spirit of the Moishe House, is its openness and liberal attitude toward all. I had never expected to meet so many interesting and different kind of people before the MH became a part of my life. In my subjective map of Budapest, it is in the center. 

I moved to the capital two years ago when I started university. I went on a study trip to the Czech Republic where I met Dora, who later became one of my best friends, who took me to the usual Kabbalat Shabbat upon returning to the country. Since then, I had very few missed programs here. 

I spent the first half of the year in Israel, and on my first days back in Hungary I bumped into Anna, one of the funding members of the House here. She just asked me if I wanted to move in because there was a vacant place and I immediately said yes! I was waiting for this for such a long time but I never thought I would actually become a resident one day. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time at the moment but when I do, I love dealing with the things of the community. And in case I need to work until late on Friday, even though I'm deadly tired, I'm always enormously grateful for where I live and for the faces I see at the end of the day and at the beginning of Shabbat. 

I'm saying without exaggeration that having found this hidden spot in the heart of the city was the best thing that happened to me in the past years. The people I met here, my community, all the visitors that we have from all around the world, the thought that there's something that binds us together, these are all very precious to me. Had there been more places like Moishe House, the world would be a much relaxed place.

2 comments:

Nathiya said...

Hi,

Nice information, keep posting, use made to measure roman blinds to decorate your home. For more info: http://www.drawthecurtains.com/roman-blinds-c-2.html

Susan said...

Great that you are gratified in your new community. Sometimes, other people are not that fast to love and accept the new community they belong now.