Greetings from Philly...well, Milwaukee actually. I've spent the past week visiting my family in my home state of Wisconsin, and it's been wonderful. I used to long for the family that I leave behind every time I return to Philadelphia, but with the great community that has developed in MHP, I'm now eager to get back.
December was a light month for us, what with finals, work ending early in the month and people traveling here and there, but we had a great time just the same. There were lots of Hannukah celebrations in the community, and we did our part with a great Latke dinner (thanks for the recipe, dad!). We had an intimate crowd for a lovely, catered Shabbat dinner in the middle of the month that was a great break from the rush that is December. And, of course, the day before I left for Milwaukee, we had an awesome Wet Hot party...the movie was hilarious and the people were lots of fun!!
Even though I'm leaving my family tomorrow, I'm looking forward to the new year and some great times with my MH family. Happy New Year everyone! Can't wait to see you next month!
No comments:
Post a Comment