And once again another month has passed in the Chicago Moishe House...
Time is flying fast... and so are the flurries! November was a packed month for us here... we had many events going on that were all quite diverse in nature. Our Shabbat services with the Ethiopian congregation on the south side of Chicago was so different and interesting for us. It's amazing how music can truly transform worship and lift it into greater heights, as well as bring everyone together in one voice, one rhythm. Maybe it's the music lover in me, maybe it's the human part of me, whatever it is I found the service to be quite uplifting. Perhaps if we all sing a little more, clap our hands, and listen more to the music around us we will all experience a little more spiritual exhuberance, or perhaps something just as simple as a better day.
As the winter solstice approaches, and night creeps up on us earlier and earlier, I'm happy to find myself in my little Moishe House cocoon in Chicago...
...Elana
1 comment:
How fantastic! Wish I could have been there.
We have an Ethiopian Jewish contingent in our area, I hear. I wonder if there is a congregation we could do an event with?
Thanks for the inspiration!
- Rachael in Silver Spring (MD)
Post a Comment