Saturday, December 1, 2007

Insanity of the Mustache - Moishe Chicago, Karen

As the weather outside slowly started to edge through the fall, we at the moishe house chicago found ourselves in a flurry of events through the month november. In addition to our numerous events, I personally had a hectic month, as I found myself in the thick of some sedulous studying for my GREs. I enjoyed no part of studying or taking the test, but I mention it because it really set the stage for what i feel was one of my favorite moishe house moments I have had thus far. As it happened, my test date coincided with Summer's visit to our house, and when I returned home after four hours of taking a test(that I wholeheartedly do not believe in), I was feeling pretty wiped out and drained. It was 9:30 at night when I finally got home and found our apartment filled with food, a very pink cake, and a table surrounded by slightly drunk people - each wearing a painted mustache on their upper lip. As the night went on, the stress of the test slowly dissolved into, what some may call the insanity of the mustaches - they just took over. I am sure the wine helped - but what ensued was pure enjoyment - To be fair - i should mention that I didn't get a mustache - i got a butterfly - which was just as well - as i am already fairly insane as is.

No comments: