November seems to have flown by and I'm in denial that it's now winter in Chicago. Today is a beautiful day in the low temps and our first real snow fall. The first snow fall of the season is always exciting and the most beautiful of the year. November was another full month as a Moishe House. It was a month that has felt more spiritual for me, I was given the opportunity to accompany my father to Israel and I spent a little over a week in Israel with my Dad. It was a very special trip and it was a nice escape away. We came home in time for a big Thanksgiving celebration with extended family. In the beginning of the month we spent a Shabbat morning at Beth Shalom B’nai Zaken an Ethiopian Hebrew Congregation. The shul is located on the south side of Chicago, in a neighborhood of Chicago that I have yet to explore. B'nai Zaken is an incredibly vibrant and warm community, it was a very moving experience. The songs, the colors and the spirit of the shul was like none other that I have ever experienced. I'm looking forward to our next visit. It is programs like this that I am grateful to experience and share with others. November was a good month. Till next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment