Monday, July 28, 2008

Wow

I can't believe I'm leaving in less than a month. I've been in Montevideo since September and have had an awesome time living in the Moishe House and working for Hillel Uruguay. I've met tons of great people who I'll miss a lot, and it just seems crazy that I have no idea when I'll see them again. August 20 is the date, and while so many good-byes make me sad, I'm also very excited to see my people back home.

I'm getting ahead of myself though. I still have some time left here and I'm trying to have as much fun as possible.

July was a good month, for Moishe House Montevideo and for me personally. I'm still meeting new people down here, and I met some great ones this month, which just makes it that much harder for me to leave. At the Moishe House we had a few Movie Nights, a few Shabbat meals, and a 4th of July BBQ for the Americans in town. It was nice for me to have some American company on Independence Day!

So I'm trying to finish up strong down here, working hard and staying easy. I've got a lot of hugs to give out in August, that's for sure. It'll be bittersweet, as moving usually seems to be.

I hope all the fellow Moishers out there are doing well. Take care,

Jay Krefman
MH MVD

No comments: